This mushroom cream is perfect mixed with brown rice risotto-style, or with pasta. Perfect for Autumn as it gets a bit chillier everyday and we all need a bit of comfort 😉
- 200g of mushrooms you like (chopped)
- 1 big onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp of miso paste (optional)
- 100mL of plant-based milk of choice (with no sugar in it!)
- 1 dash of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of dried herbs
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- In a saucepan on a low heat, put the garlic, onion, mushroom, miso paste, dried herbs, salt & pepper and a bit of olive oil. Let it cook for 10 minutes stirring from time to time.
- When it begins to stick to the pan, add your plant milk, mix everything really well and let it simmer (keep stirring!) until the milk thickens in a cream-like consistency.
- Add your lemon juice, taste and add some salt of pepper if necessary, and that’s it!