As days are getting warmer, I felt like changing things up for breakfast. Instead of my usual porridge, I started making nicecreams (aka smoothie bowls) again! This is so ridiculously easy & quick to make, so nutritious and so refreshing as well! So here are two ways of making some, whether you’re feeling something green or pink 🙂
GREEN SMOOTHIE BOWL
The perfect way to get your greens (and therefore a good dose of vitamins and minerals) in as soon as you wake up!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 small cucumber
- optional: 1 celery stalk or half a ripe avocado
- toppings of your choice (I personally love granola, or if I don’t have any, I use oats, chia seeds & raw coconut chips)
- Blend the bananas and the greens in a food processor until you get an ice-cream-like consistency. You might need to stop the food processor and move things around with a spatula a few times to make things easier for your food processor, and add a little water if the mix is too thick
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and add the toppings on top
PINK SMOOTHIE BOWL
A dessert-like breakfast full of antioxydants!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 handfuls of frozen berries
- toppings of your choice
- Similar to the Green Smoothie Bowl