Here is a great recipe to use up any type of cabbage or cruciferous vegetable you have in the fridge in a delicious way! I used romanesco cabbage because I wanted to try it for the first type (and I was sure it would look good on the picture), but you can use broccoli, cauliflower, bok choi… or any other seasonal vegetable you like!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 medium Romanesco
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 big onion
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 handfuls of raw cashews
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 glasses of water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- salt, pepper
- Cut the heads of the Romanesco, cut the trunk into small pieces, and steam them
- Meanwhile, cut the onion, ginger, garlic and watercress into small pieces. Put them in a big saucepan on a low heat with the coconut oil. Add the turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper.
- After 3 to 4 minutes, add the coconut milk, the water and half the coriander cut into pieces (with the stems too!). Stir, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, roast your cashews by putting them on a frying pan on a high heat (without any oil). When they start turning gold (generally after 3 to 4 minutes), transfer them into a bowl.
- Add the steamed Romanesco in the coconut milk mix and keep it on the hob for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve and sprinkle the remaining coriander and cashews. Enjoy!